Sunday, March 16, 2014

When you get bored...



Two weeks ago I felt kinda uneasy, had things on my list I didn't really like to do... you know what I mean. So I figured some gaming might help to procrastinate. But after checking my games library I had found nothing to soothe my tension.
       
I needed something new. Like simple, arcade, fun!


Well, "One Finger Death Puch" instantly cought my eye when I saw it. Gosh, the title alone is convincing! And the five bucks wouldn't punch a hole in my wallet.

Ok, the graphics aren't the prettiest, and how much can happen by just smashing mouse buttons? I'll tell you:



As soon as the game starts the music and the instructions of your marshal arts master take you back to the arcade hall of you childhood where you played you favourite beat 'em-up's.

And OFDP is the purest and most stylish one I ever played!




Don't get fooled by the slow start. There are 250 levels constantely increasing the speed and variety of the fight. There are boss-rounds, speed-rounds, dagger-rounds, defender-rounds, light saber-rounds and more. And there is tactics in this game, too! After a while of playing you will get a feel to the flow and can lift your eyes from the red and blue bars indicating the buttons to hit. For the first time you will actually have the time to watch what your accurately animated stickman is doing. And the havoc he wreaks isn't far behind the most brutal next-gen AAA game! And...

 
...you want some more!?

So you start picking you victims: kill the red mob first, take his bow, shoot the brawler, throw his sword, impale the next guy on it and clear the rest with a "deep impact". And it comes to you so naturally and instantely just within a millisecond of thought. Always given you don't suffer from arthritis in your fingers... BTW, screw Dr. Kawashimas brain training! This game is the ultimative test to your speed of reaction! And your mouse buttons.


By now, I've spent about 10 joyfull hours of left and right clicking and just finished the 250 student level, plus I unlocked the third survival-mode (no, Luca, no!). And I will definitely spend probalbly more than another 10 hours in the master levels. Not to mention the grand-master level.





This game really surprised me and is more than a "quicky"!

Knutos: Random Text for testing stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment